- install a new version via update.sh script
# su - lpar2rrd (if the tool is running under lpar2rrd user) $ tar xvf lpar2rrd-4.XX.tar $ cd lpar2rrd-4.XX $ sh ./update.sh $ cd /home/lpar2rrd/lpar2rrd
- start the tool and check whether there are errors
Deploy the OS agents when you use that feature. Details are here
Always deploy OS agents after the LPAR2RRD server upgrade.
Upgrade of Virtual ApplianceLPAR2RRD and STOR2RRD Virtual Appliance can be upgraded in 2 ways.
- As standard package installation, follow steps above
Directly from the GUI (it works only if v4.84+ already running on the appliance).
- Open the GUI and navigate to item "LPAR2RRD"
- Open sub item "Product upgrade"
- Download LPAR2RRD installation package from sourceforge and upload it into the provided form
- It is all, wait a bit and then reload the GUI, the upgrade will be done automatically on the background
Fix or service pack installation procedure