4.00This version contains following major enhancements (since latest stable 3.60):
Operating System agent enhancements.
OS agent v4.00 is able to monitor now:
- OS CPU utilization of user/sys/IO wait/idle in %
- Memory utilization of used/pinned/fs cache/free memory in MB (v3.60)
- Paging rate in MB/sec (v3.60)
- Paging space utilization in %
- SAN (fiber channel) throughput in MB/sec
- SAN (fiber channel) throughput in IO/sec
- LAN (ethernet) throughput in MB/sec
- SEA (Shared Ethernet Adapter) throughput in MB/sec (only on VIO servers)
- AME (Active Memory Expansion) allocation
- Report paging activity which exceeds a threshold via alerting module (v3.60)
OS agent now supports:
- AIX 5.1+
- Linux on Power
It is able to report CPU utilization for CPU dedicated LPARs
(it is not possible monitor them via the HMC)
- LPARs not being managed by the HMC (targeted mainly to old POWER4/5 full partition stuff)
- Configuration Advisor enhancements:
- Memory Configuration Advisor: a new feature which makes recommendations for memory changes based on the OS agent data (memory utilization, paging rate and allocation)
- CPU advisor: it reports unused entitlement which is possible to reduce without affecting of anything
- CPU advisor: output can be exported into CSV file
- Historical reports works with the OS agent data
Paging rate aggregated graphs per the server (frame).
It brings you easy possibility to check on 1 click if any LPAR is paging or has paged in the past. EXAMPLE....
UI has been re-designed with usage of java script features like tabs.
There will be a brand new UI in the next version.
- "LPAR search" supports regular expressions
Complete list of product features.
To get all above features working then is necessary to have installed the OS agent to version 4.00 at least on all LPARs
. Check OS agent upgrade steps.
Known issues fixed in v4.01
- OS CPU in historical reports always showed last month graph
- OS mem graphs had 100GB limitation for input of memory used/free/cache values (when more than 100GB then NaN was in graphs)
- LPAR2RRD daemon and fix conversion of old OS agent memory data into new v4.00 format on CentOS platform (might be even other Linux platforms could be affected)
- Global historical reports : when a LPAR which has no OS agent was selected then did not appear the graph