AIX & Linux OS agent
LPAR2RRD OS agent is a solution for these of you who wish to consolidate memory utilization, paging, SAN (FC), SEA, vSCSI and Eth adapter performance statistics into the tool.
OS agent on VMware
VMs is supported since v5.05.
More examples on our demo site
OS agent metrics
- JOB TOP, CPU and Memory tracking of running processes graphically in the time
OS CPU utilization of user/sys/IO wait/idle in %
Memory utilization of used/FS cache/free memory in MB
Paging rate in MB/sec
Paging space utilization in %
SAN (FC & vSCSI) throughput per adapter
- data in MB/sec
- response time (latency)
LAN (ethernet) throughput per adapter
- data in MB/sec
- packet count
Filesystem capacity utilisation
SEA (Shared Ethernet Adapter) throughput per adapter in MB/sec (IBM Power only)
AIX WLM (Workload Manager) monitoring (IBM Power only)
AME (Active Memory Expansion) allocation (IBM Power only)
Complete list of product features
it is implemented as simple client/server application.
There is LPAR2RRD daemon listening on the host where LPAR2RRD server is running on port 8162
(IANA official port assigned to LPAR2RRD project).
Each LPAR has installed simple Perl based agent which is started every minute from the crontab and saves memory and paging statistics into a temporary file.
The agent contacts the server every 15-25 minutes and sends all locally stored data for that period.
- Perl interpreter. All Unix/Linux systems contain Perl in basic installation.
- It might run under what evr user account, it does not need any special privileges in the OS.
- Opened TCP communication between each LPAR and LPAR2RRD server on port 8162.
- Connections are initiated from LPARs.
- Additional disk space on LPAR2RRD server (about 40MB per each monitored LPAR)